Wednesday, February 25, 2015

you

This is for you. Nobody else.
And I hope it finds you at the right time.

For the one who is taking care of a family alone… while still in high school.
For the one who works to provide for everyone. Everyone but themselves.

This is for you.

For the one who is scared of everyone but themselves.
For the one eating between the double doors.

This is for you.

For the one whose collapsing under the pressure of grades, friends, and family.
And for the ones who’ve already been smashed.

This is for you.

For the one whose only canvas is the space between the palm of their hand and their elbow.
For the one who knows their mind could produce horror movies, yet they strive to be positive.

This is for you.

For the one whose happiness comes from a pill, and who is blind to the people they inspire, but fully aware to the ones they do not.

This is for you.

For the one whose nights are spent crying, and whose weekends consist of isolation.
For the ones whose worst enemies are their minds, and whose lives are rated R.

This is for you.

You. The ones walking through the halls behind their masks of happiness. The ones who think they are alone, that no one sees them.

The ones who think they can fool everyone. You might be able to fool them, but not me.

I’ve been there.

I know what it’s like to have the happiness sucked out of life, and to want nothing more than to end the pain.

But I know you care. You know that ending your pain will only bring so much more to others. Don’t do it. I love you. We love you. We care so much.


So come find me. I won’t judge. I remember the pain. And I don’t want anyone dealing with it by themselves. I already know you. And that’s why I’m here… waiting to help. 

6 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post from you. Seriously this needs to be seen. This is so good josh. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rt what they said. This is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope everyone reads this.

    beautiful.

    thank you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh.

    The canvas and the rated R movie. And the love and the compassion. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete