Sunday, November 23, 2014

< 3

When a heart breaks, it hurts. 
But in the end it heals...right? 

Well what happens if it doesn't? 

Unfortunately I can answer that question. 
When you have a broken heart you're sad.
I don't mean the got ditched by your friends sad, I mean the my mom, dad, and sister all moved to New York without me kind of sad. 
The my parent's are putting me up for adoption at age 17 kind of sad. 
The my mom said no Netflix for a year type of sad. 

Love will drive you crazy. Sometimes it's absurd, and involuntary, and other times it's blissful, and perfectly balanced. But most of all, love is sharp, and every time something goes wrong it cuts you, but if it all works out it will cut you loose, liberate you, set you free. It will give you someone who completes you...someone to run with.

You find your true self when you're in love...at least that's what I've heard. You see I don't know if that's true or not. How should I? The last person that loved me back hasn't cared about me since Sophomore year. 

I want to listen to my heart, and all the good things it's trying to tell me, but I can't, because it's still trying to heal from the last girl who told me, "Josh you're a dream. But I don't feel the same about you as you do about me."

7 comments:

  1. "love is sharp, and every time something goes wrong it cuts you, but if it all works out it will cut you loose, liberate you, set you free. It will give you someone who completes you...someone to run with."

    I love how you wrote this. Your whole post just makes me remind myself that there is only one girl out there for me. How else could you find her without going through a few other girls to find her? Heart break is apart of finding true love. They come hand in hand. Then when you find the girl, she will care for your heart. It will never be alone again. Great post Home Slice! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But most of all, love is sharp, and every time something goes wrong it cuts you, but if it all works out it will cut you loose, liberate you, set you free."

    Such a personal post, so powerful. Thank you. Also that whole paragraph got to me....the whole thing really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want someone to run with. And I want that balance and that bliss and this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw... Love IS sharp. It hurts, sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Every time something goes wrong it cuts you, but if it all works out it will cut you loose, liberate you, set you free."
    Yessss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unrequited love. That's definitely sharp. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But most of all, love is sharp, and every time something goes wrong it cuts you, but if it all works out it will cut you loose, liberate you, set you free.

    I realize it's already been quoted but it deserves to be copied and pasted time and time again. Thanks for writing this. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete