Sunday, September 21, 2014

What we had (love)

Do you ever just stop what you're doing and think about how life was? Remember everything we used to do? The rainy days we used to spend together? Do you remember when we used to just talk? I swear the world stopped when we were together. It seemed like there was no world outside on those rainy days. Time didn't exist when we were together. I remember the first time we spent a day together. I learned so much about you. I still remember what you like and what you hate. After that first day it was like I had known you my whole entire life. I felt like I knew you better than anyone else. I fell in love with you that day, but I didn't know it yet, that came later. We kept talking, spending days together in the rain, we even talked about your boy troubles... That was when I told you I would hook you up with that kid. Told you I could do it. It would be easy. It was easy. It was too easy. You guys fell in love so fast. And then I was left there, all alone. Still attached, still longing for love that would never come around, to hold you in my arms. And it stayed that way for a very long time. He got chance after chance, told you lie after lie, I knew I could do better. But I stayed there with the new role 'best friend.' I never lied, was never mean, the only thing I was was there for you. I was always there for you. You would call me late at night crying, texted me all day. Counted on me for so much, and of course I did all of it, because I was in love. For some reason the rainy days never stopped. We still spent so much time together and I loved it at first, but now, I regret everything. I should have left, we should have parted ways. I should have found someone else to love. Because as the rainy days we spent together continued, my feelings grew stronger. It was unbearable to see you with him. It broke my heart every day. I kept thinking I would have my chance, but no way...you loved him as much as I loved you. It left me in a wreck. It was never clear that you wouldn't have feelings for me, we were always so close that it seemed there would be something. But there wasn't. It was never supposed to be that way. I was always there for you, but you were never here for me. 

And now you're texting me, asking where the rainy days went. Wondering why we never spend time together anymore. 

I don't know what to say, so I'll ask you...Do you remember those rainy days? Because I am trying hard to forget them. 

9 comments:

  1. It's best to get out of it before it gets you. So good. So relatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you could relate! Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it means so much coming from you. I admire each one of your posts.

      Delete
  3. rainy days bring back too many memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really, really, painfully good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to this all too much that it's almost scary. Like this is my life. So yeah "Do you remember those rainy days? Because I'm trying to forget them."

    ReplyDelete