Sunday, November 9, 2014

2am

; I think I saw this on another blog, but I wanted to make my own. So props to the original writer for unknowingly allowing me to steal some of their creativity. 

2am
2am is for the worriers.
2 am is for the forgetful.

2am is for the hungry, the anxious, and the worried. 2am is for kids like me. 

2am is for the over-thinkers, the under-thinkers, and the procrastinators. 

2am is for the caring mothers, the crying babies, and the snoring husbands. 

2am is for the sneaking out, for the Beto's runs. 

2am is for the Alpine cops looking to bust the kids trying to have a little fun. 

2am is for the kids on Christmas eve.

2am is for the people who work at Megaplex to clean up after a late showing. 

2am is a barrier, if you don't find sleep before it, it's not gonna find you after. 

2am is for the lovers, the fighters, and the one-siders.

2am is for the horror movies, for the cuddling, for watching thunderstorms from the window. 

2am is for the long drives, for the flood of thought, for the deep conversations. 

2am is when you get to really know someone. 

2am is for the wishing, the wondering, and the reflecting. 

2am is for the laughter, the tears, and the phone calls. 

2am is when everything happens. 
So don't miss out.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I should try to stop myself from constantly falling asleep at 11 then...
    "2am is for the lovers, the fighters, and the one-siders." Love that line, #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great.

    I don't remember the last time I was up until 2am. Actually, I do. It was May 31st.

    This post made me miss being a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this so much. It brings back the nights that I have stayed out past 2am. Those nights are the ones I will always remember.

    "2am is for the lovers, the fighters, and the one-siders." This totally relates to me. Mainly the lovers part. *snap *snap *snap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Snaps*
    I really like how you write. Sorry it took me so long to find that out.

    ReplyDelete