Thursday, September 11, 2014

Crayons

Crayons


“We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

― Robert Fulghum



  ;I'll admit it. I've never given crayons that much thought. I always took them for granted. Took them as something simple, something that there's nothing new to discover about it. To me, my knowledge of crayons was complete. All they would ever be are oily, less precise colored pencils. I didn't even like crayons! I didn't like them one bit...until I found this quote. 

Look at it. Read it. Strip it down. If you think hard it really has nothing to do with crayons. It does however, have everything to do with us. I know that this post is titled crayons, and that its supposed to be all about crayons. But something led me away from the topic of crayons and I decided to run with it. 

Significance and Meaning



Who would have thought, that a small box of crayons could be analyzed down to the point of this. One of the most amazing lessons you can teach someone, one of the best quotes I've ever seen. A quote that put and left a smile on my face came from a box of freakin crayons. I love that.

It gets me thinking about the lessons you can learn from the simplest things in life. It makes me want to stop taking everything for granted. Things I'm not even aware of. Think about it, and use it. I mean don't over analyze everything, but would it be cool to find something totally simple, apply it to a life message and change the whole entire world. Yeah that would be pretty legendary. You could be on Oprah for that shiz. Imma try it. And I hope it will change my life, your life and the lives of people around you. But really, I just wanna be on Oprah.


No comments:

Post a Comment